Bought a desktop

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2007
Picked up the new Alienware X51-R3. Won't be here until 11/4. Here are some pics from a review.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.4 Ghz water cooled
Samsung 256GB SSD PCI-E boot drive at 1GB+ transfer rate.
Toshiba 2TB storage drive
16GB DDR4 2133MHz DRAM
GTX 960 (a bit weak but I can upgrade it or get the graphics amplifier with any video card that I want)

big_alienware-x51-r3-side-lit.jpgbig_alienware-x51-r3-side-panel-off.jpgbig_alienware-x51-r3-ssd-and-pcie-riser.jpgbig_alienware-x51-r3-top-venting.jpgbig_alienware-x51-r3-with-graphics-amp-and-monitor.jpgbig_x51-r3-card-cage.jpgbig_x51-r3-geforce-gtx-960-card-cage.jpgbig_x51-r3-internals-graphics-card-out.jpgbig_x51-r3-internals-graphics-card-out2.jpgbig_x51-r3-internals-graphics-card-out3.jpg

Last edited:

SWAT_Sniper

Dec 25, 2007
Muskego,WI
Glock I bought the same machine! Just minus watercooling. I added the graphics amplifier. Got my amplifier today, should have the PC by the 20th.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2007
Glock I bought the same machine! Just minus watercooling. I added the graphics amplifier. Got my amplifier today, should have the PC by the 20th.
How is your X51? My order got all screw up and it was shipped to someone else. I fought for weeks to get my money back. I finally did and placed a new order 2 days ago. Dell gave me a $200 gift card for my troubles.

I only got the 2TB HDD this time and will add my own Samsung 950 Pro PCI-E SSD. I will remove the 3.5" 2TB drive and add my two Samsung 850 Pro SSDs. I have to get a caddy, dual power cable and two sata cables. My system doesn't have the optical drive since it has the liquid cooling so I have two open SATA ports on the MB for them.

SWAT_Sniper

Dec 25, 2007
Muskego,WI
How is your X51? My order got all screw up and it was shipped to someone else. I fought for weeks to get my money back. I finally did and placed a new order 2 days ago. Dell gave me a $200 gift card for my troubles.

I only got the 2TB HDD this time and will add my own Samsung 950 Pro PCI-E SSD. I will remove the 3.5" 2TB drive and add my two Samsung 850 Pro SSDs. I have to get a caddy, dual power cable and two sata cables. My system doesn't have the optical drive since it has the liquid cooling so I have two open SATA ports on the MB for them.

I am loving it! I am on the hunt for another video card (upgrade) to put in the external graphics amplifier.

LanceG

New Forum Member
Oct 11, 2017
How's this system so far? I saw a local ad of this system minus the liquid cool.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2007
How's this system so far? I saw a local ad of this system minus the liquid cool.
It was a good machine. I recently upgraded to a Corsair One i160 machine. Small footprint and super quiet. Pricey but I really like the design. I play on an 38" Acer monitor which is almost 4K res so having the ti card is well worth it. Buttery smooth high FPS with Ultra/Extreme setting on everything.

Specs:

i9-9900k
32GB Ram
RTX 2080Ti
480GB NVMe SSD
2TB HHD

Reactions: SWAT_BigBear